So what can we expect from the new CEO? DeLuca's Linkedin page gives us some insights into what we can expect of his leadership style. In late 2016 he wrote about five insights that have shaped his personal journey as a leader, abridged below:
- Be authentic: In order to encourage others to embrace your organisation’s purpose, vision and values, you have to be authentic and be prepared to live those values every day.
- Lead like a parent: A leader is similar to a parent in that she or he needs to nurture and develop people, teams and stakeholders on the path to success.
- Retain perspective: our challenge as leaders is to embrace our role as custodians of our organisations for the brief period we are there and to leave these organisations in a better shape for future generations.
- Value diversity: The pursuit of greatness is enhanced by nurturing greater collaboration and inclusion as well as by fostering diversity of thought. Our amazing world is made up of men and women with a diverse range of religious beliefs, cultural and educational backgrounds, different ages, sexual orientations and abilities, which together create an incredible chemistry.
- Embrace uncertainty: While I remain focused on delivering our strategy, every day I navigate challenges that I could never have predicted would consume so much of my time.
taken from disabilities services consulting email.